Apple Notes is one of the best and most useful built-in applications you can find in almost all Apple devices. It is the safest way to store all of the important information you don’t want to reveal to anyone. Anyone of the Apple device users can easily use this great note-taking app on their devices. Apple Notes comes with a lot of advanced features that anyone can easily access. And it also includes the functionality that enables the users to lock their notes so that no one can access them. With this feature, the users can set a password to keep their notes protected. You can easily set a single password and, with that single password, you can unlock all your notes. However, you can also set different passwords for different notes. But, using a single password will be more convenient.
Now, if you have just bought a new iPhone and you don’t know how you can lock your notes in the Notes app, then this guide is for you. Here, you will get to know the methods to do so. Now, if you want to know the complete procedure, then you must read this full report.
The Procedure to Lock the Notes in the Notes App on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Here is the guide for setting up the password you can use to lock and unlock your notes. Here’s how you can do it on your iPhone and iPad:
- Firstly, open up the note that you would like to lock or simply start a new note. If you are going to start a new note, then, at first, you will have to add the text to it.
- After this, you will need to tap on the “Share” icon that you can view at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, look for the option to lock your note and then tap on it.
- And now, a “Set Password” page will appear on your screen. Here, you can set a password for your note along with a hint in case if you ever forget it.
- You can also use your Face ID or Touch ID to unlock any of your notes. Here, you will have to choose the option for this.
- And after this, whenever you open any note, you will see a message stated as “Note is Locked.” To unlock the note, tap on the option of “View Note” and then enter your password. And that’s it.
- After locking your notes, you will be able to see a padlock icon beside each locked note.
The Steps to Add a Password to Notes on a Mac
If you want to lock your notes on a Mac computer, then you need to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the note that you are going to lock.
- You will have to right-click on the note and then select the option of “Lock Note.”
- And now, if you have already set a password on your note on some other device, then you just need to add that password on your Mac computer.
- After locking your note with a password, you will notice a padlock icon beside that note.
- And now, if you want to unlock the locked note, simply click on the note. You will then see a message on your screen that says, “This Note is Locked,” along with a field to enter the password to unlock the note.
- Type in your password in the space provided. And after this, your note will get unlocked.
So, these are the ways to lock and unlock your notes with a password on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Hope, you will find these procedures helpful. And to get more details, please check out our website.